Links, Studies and News
Some studies on the effectiveness of EMF shielding clothing:
*Electromagnetic Shielding Effectiveness of Conductive Knitted Fabrics, England 2015, available at: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/9f8f/1f5cbd647fe39d4acd50879b369c6b3b6477.pdf?_ga=2.239728070.497124184.1611231802-865286317.1611231802
*Electromagnetic shielding characterization of conductive woven fabrics produced with silver-containing yarns, Deniz Duran, Hüseyin Kadoğlu, November 2014, available at https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0040517512468811
*Effect of various parameters on electromagnetic shielding effectiveness of textile fabrics, A das et al, October 2008, available at https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/8d90/4011ac192c9fa37f692a4350ff028aa32bcc.pdf
*Electromagnetic shielding effectiveness and mathematical model of stainless steel composite fabric, L Cheng et al, february 2014, available at https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00405000.2014.929275?src=recsys&journalCode=tjti20
Studies and reports on probable harm to humans of RF Radiation:
*Increased Blood-Brain Barrier permeability in mammalian brain 7 days after exposure to the radiation from a GSM-900 mobile phone. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19345073/
"The existing cell phone certification process uses a plastic model of the head called the Specific Anthropomorphic Mannequin (SAM), representing the top 10% of U.S. military recruits in 1989 and greatly underestimating the Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) for typical mobile phone users, especially children. A superior computer simulation certification process has been approved by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) but is not employed to certify cell phones. In the United States, the FCC determines maximum allowed exposures. Many countries, especially European Union members, use the "guidelines" of International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection (ICNIRP), a non governmental agency. Radiofrequency (RF) exposure to a head smaller than SAM will absorb a relatively higher SAR. Also, SAM uses a fluid having the average electrical properties of the head that cannot indicate differential absorption of specific brain tissue, nor absorption in children or smaller adults. The SAR for a 10-year old is up to 153% higher than the SAR for the SAM model. When electrical properties are considered, a child's head's absorption can be over two times greater, and absorption of the skull's bone marrow can be ten times greater than adults. Therefore, a new certification process is needed that incorporates different modes of use, head sizes, and tissue properties. Anatomically based models should be employed in revising safety standards for these ubiquitous modern devices and standards should be set by accountable, independent groups."
* Why children absorb more microwave radiation than adults: The consequences, available at https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2213879X14000583
* Study: Incidents of increased glioma in teenagers with mobile phone exposure. “Conclusion. RF radiation should be regarded as a human carcinogen causing glioma.” Hardell et al 2015.
* Click on link above to read the conclusions of this peer-reviewed paper, which took 10 years to produce and cost over 20 million US Dollars. It's negative findings were dismissed by the telecoms industry as irrelevant, because the studies were carried out on rats, even though those rats were found to develop tumours after sustained exposure to mobile phone radiation.
* Scientists fought back against industry discrediting: "Commentary on the utility of the National Toxicology Program study on cell phone radiofrequency radiation data for assessing human health risks despite unfounded criticisms aimed at minimizing the findings of adverse health effects." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30243215
* Study led by Dr Robert O Becker: "The effect of continuous exposure to low frequency electric fields on three generations of mice: a pilot study." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1278293
* Proof that Tin Foil hats really DO work! "Aluminium foil dampened the adverse effect of 2100 MHz mobile phone-induced radiation on the blood parameters and myocardium in rats." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30806932
* Effects of Radio Frequency Radiation (RFR) on Human Ferritin (a blood protein essential for iron storage) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3662108/
* Study: "High ambient radiofrequency radiation in Stockholm city, Sweden." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30675237
* Dr Martin Pall, Emeritus Professor of Bio chemistry at Washington State University has complied a list of EMF medical research literature, showing 8 distinct types of great harm caused by EMF exposures.
* Dr Devra Davis of The Environmental health Trust makes the argument for greater warning labels on mobile phones.
Links researched between wildlife decline and EMF pollution:
* Electromagnetic radiation from power lines and phone masts poses 'credible' threat to wildlife, report finds https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/05/17/electromagnetic-radiation-power-lines-phone-masts-poses-credible/
* Exposure to cell phone radiations produces biochemical changes in worker honey bees: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3052591/
* Balmori, A. (2006 a). The incidence of electromagnetic pollution on the amphibian decline: Is this an important piece of the puzzle?. Toxicological & Environmental Chemistry, 88: 287-299 https://www.researchgate.net/publication
* Radio Frequency Radiation (EMF) Threatens Plant and Animal Species with Extinction
* Algers B, Hennichs K (1983). Biological effects of electromagnetic fields on vertebrates. Areview.Vet Res Commun; 6(4):265-79 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6359665
* GSM 900 MHz radiation inhibits ants' association between food sites and encountered cues https://www.researchgate.net/publication/221769798
Links to conflicts of interest between regulatory bodies and telecoms industry:
* Hardell (August 2017) 'World Health Organization, radiofrequency radiation and health - a hard nut to crack (Review)', in PubMed, available at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28656257
* Kalmbacher, C. (4th February 2020) 'Scientists Sue FCC for Dismissing Claims that Cell Phone Radiation Causes Cancer', in Law and Crime, available at https://lawandcrime.com/administrative-law/scientists-sue-fcc-for-dismissing-claims-that-cell-phone-radiation-causes-cancer/
* Swedish Radiation Protection Foundation (2015), 'Complaint to the European Commission concerning the 2015 SCENIHR opinion on potential health effects of exposure to electromagnetic fields,' available at http://www.iemfa.org/wp-content/pdf/Complaint-to-the-European-Commission-SCENIHR-2015-08-31.pdf
Insurance company studies and opinions on EMF technologies:
* Swiss Re (2013) 'Swiss Re Sonar emerging risk insights', available at https://www.jrseco.com/wpcontent/uploads/electromagnetic_radiation_risk_assessment_swiss_re.pdf
* Auva (2009), 'Auva report: Non-thermal Effects Confirmed; Exposure Limits Challenged; Precaution Demanded', available at, https://www.jrseco.com/wp-content/uploads/2009_auva-report_english.pdf
*JRS Eco Wireless (2015), 'Lloyd’s insurance company does not cover health damage caused by electromagnetic radiation', available at https://www.jrseco.com/lloyds-insurance-company-does-not-cover-health-damage-caused-by-electromagnetic-radiation/